IthatoUI: AddOns I Love
Before I do an in-depth look at my own UI, I thought I’d start with an appetizer of sorts: a list of addons I can hardly live without. So without further ado, here they are.
- Unitframes: Haste’s oUF and oUF_P3lim, and oUF_Perfect for party frames but tweaked to not display raidframes
What can I say, I’m a sucker for attractive, lightweight, and expandable unitframes. P3lim does some great work!
- Actionbars: Bartender4
Hands-down the best actionbar addon IMO, though prior to 3.0.x I used Dominos.
- Chat: I prefer PhanxChat over Prat, etc.
- Map/Minimap: Mapster and pMinimap
- Auction House: Auctioneer Advanced
Let’s face it, folks. You’ve heard this spiel before. If you like making money on the AH with whatever you can gather or make, I highly recommend AucAdv.
- Equipment Management: Outfitter
For a hybrid class who keeps multiple gear sets and needs to switch on the fly, Outfitter is a major boon. It even makes it easy to pop items in and out of your bank.
- Leveling Help: A combination of LightHeaded, Tekkub’s TourGuide, and Carbonite.
Now I know many of you swear by QuestHelper, but as a programmer, I am horrified every time I look in the general direction of QH. It causes crashes, huge framerate drops, DCs, etc. I just prefer the look, usability, features and general stability of Carbonite. The only one of these I keep enabled on my 80 is LH, though.
- Visual Customization: ButtonFacade with the Caith skin, Tekticles for my fonts, TipTop for tooltips
- Raidframes: Grid for the frames and Clique for click-casting goodness
- Meters: Omen3 for threat, Recount for damage, healing, etc. although I may replace with Skada as it matures
- Other: QBar for an Autobar-style set of buttons for my Usable quest items.
Well, this definitely turned out to be longer than I planned or expected, but I hope you enjoyed reading and maybe saw a few new addons to try!
In: AddOns, Druid, Lua, Resto, Tradeskills