Well, as you can see on my armory page, I’m level 80 as of this past Sunday.
I had taken a long hiatus from playing, blogging about playing, or Lua coding through the month of December, and now I’m back in the saddle. Hitting 77 was when it really all started coming together. Guildies were finally paying attention to me, not to mention being able to fly greatly sped up both my leveling and my herbing for spare gold.
I hit 70 for the first time ever a mere 2 days before the launch of Wrath. It was both exhilirating and exhausting, and a tad disappointing. I might see level 70 raid content here and there on a whim, but never shall I know how very unprepared I am. Also, I haven’t PvPed since my 20s or so, besides the world PvP that comes with playing on a PvP server. (That’s a lot of P’s.)
So, knowing that, dear reader, you might be able to sympathize how childlike and new I must seem to my guildies and friends. I had several first experiences over the last week, including:
- First Heroic: Culling of Stratholme. Arthas, you talk too frakking much! No lewtz for me, besides a quest reward.
- First time in AB
- First time healbotting in WSG: our Warrior tank Kosantu got his Iron Man achievement thanks at least in part to me.
- First time in Strand of the Ancients: I still don’t know what’s going on there.
- First time making gold hand-over-fist by finishing older quests
- First rep grind: tie between Kirin Tor and Knights of the Ebon Blade (nope, neither above Friendly yet!)
All in all, between all of that and sudden inspiration for a new direction with one of my own personal addons, my interest in WoW has been greatly increased. So, expect to hear more out of me soon, and feel free to watch my Path of a Hero blog for less momentous interim entries.